Leading our Team with Compassion – Serving our Community with Care
Our Founder, Danielle Vogel talks about showing appreciation to our team throughout the COVID pandemic. Watch to learn about the many initiatives we have launched to demonstrate gratitude for their extraordinary work under the current conditions.
Keeping Our Community Safe
Every day, our team prioritizes food safety and sanitation practices, as we prepare healthy offerings that nourish our community. These are the extra precautions we are taking to keep our Neighbors, employees and community safe and healthy:
- Requiring face coverings for entry and limiting capacity. We keep our headcount using freshly-sanitized shopping baskets, so please take a basket as you enter the store — whether you expect to need one or not.
- Discouraging shopping in pairs, to ensure we can serve as many households as possible.
- Continuously and thoroughly sanitizing the store.
- Going cashless to eliminate unnecessary contamination risks.
- Ensuring that our team members are effectively and frequently washing their hands and wearing protective coverings on their faces and hands.
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home – As always, our team is monitoring their own health and avoiding our space if symptoms arise.
- Kindly encouraging ill Neighbors to heal at home – We seek to be a refuge for the Dupont Circle community, but in an effort to protect our team and our Neighbors, we request that those, who feel ill, elect to heal at home.
To keep our community and our team healthy, we will continue to strengthen our procedures as new CDC guidelines emerge. In the meantime, we invite you into our space to enjoy our nutritious, sustainably sourced offerings. If you have any questions, please email us at Dupont@glensgardenmarket.
We Launch & Support Small, Sustainable Food Businesses
We grow small businesses along with our own. To date, we’ve given over 90 food entrepreneurs their very first chance to sell their products on our shelves. Of those, 55 are owned by women and 23 are owned by people of color.
We Always Prioritize the Environment
Our Founder, Danielle Vogel, makes every business decision with the environment in mind. That includes everything from sourcing our products almost entirely from the states of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to our no-waste mandate, our composting and recycling programs, and the fact that we actively encourage environmentally responsible eating and transportation.
We Serve Good Food from Close By
Glen’s Garden Market exists to make climate change progress – one bite at a time – by serving Good Food from Close By, and growing relationships with partners, who treat their land, their animals and their ingredients with respect.