Curbside or Delivery Service
While we are doing absolutely everything possible to maintain a safe space during this time of deep uncertainty, we are offering curbside service as well as a 1-mile radius delivery service. Curbside pick-up service is available from 12 to 5PM, Sunday-Friday. Deliveries will be made between 5pm and 7pm, Sunday-Friday. Please take the following steps to place your order:
- Prepare your grocery list and have your credit card ready so that we can make the process as efficient as possible.
- Call us at: (203) 570-4063 OR (301) 825-6758 between 12pm and 5pm, Sunday through Friday (not available on Saturday).
- Curbside pick-ups will be available within 30 minutes.
- Deliveries will be made between 5pm and 7pm (within a one-mile radius of the store).
We kindly ask that you consider the possibility of an item being out of stock, in which case we will substitute it with one that is similar. We have also placed a 3 unit limit on all items to ensure that the whole community is nourished. Please bear in mind the difficulty of providing you with an exact cost of your basket. We will try our best to vocalize an approximation.
Having said that, Glen’s Garden Market will remain open and we will continue to re-stock our shelves daily. It is our responsibility to nourish the community and we will carry on doing so whatever the circumstances may be.
We have elected to defer this year’s AccelerateHERdc competition, choosing instead to create an emergency fund to support members of our team, who may suffer from financial hardship as a result of health-related issues in the uncertain times ahead.
We remain deeply committed to advancing mission-consistent food businesses through AccelerateHERdc and look forward to resuming this empowering tradition in the spring of 2021.
Keeping Our Community Safe
Every day, our team at Glen’s prioritizes food safety and sanitation practices as we prepare healthy offerings that nourish our community. Now that there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Washington, D.C., we are taking extra precautions to keep our Neighbors, employees and community safe and healthy.
In addition to the high food safety and sanitation standards we have in place, we’re preventing cross contamination and maintaining the clean environment we have created by:
- Reducing public exposure to utensils & hot cup lids – To prevent potential contamination, our utensils and cup lids are only available upon request. We have also suspended use of our buzzers in the deli, so as not to pass shared resources between Neighbors.
- Suspending our “Bring Your Own Mug” and growler fill programs at our café – Moving forward, we will only serve coffee in the cups behind our café.
- Ensuring that our team members are effectively and frequently washing their hands – Our team is continuing to employ the proper protocols for hand washing that we’ve always practiced with more frequency.
- Continuously sanitizing common areas and surfaces – We have established a process for doing so multiple times a day. This includes sanitizing shopping baskets after each use. We are also providing single-use gloves to guests, who would prefer to wear them when touching surfaces.
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home – As always, our team is monitoring their own health and avoiding our space if symptoms arise.
- Removing open food samples – We are suspending our passive demo program to reduce the possibility of contamination.
- Kindly encouraging ill Neighbors to heal at home – We seek to be a refuge for the Dupont Circle community, but in an effort to protect our team and our Neighbors, we request that those, who feel ill, elect to heal at home.
To keep our community and our team healthy, we will continue to strengthen our procedures as new CDC guidelines emerge. In the meantime, we invite you into our space to enjoy our nutritious, sustainably sourced offerings. If you have any questions, please email us at Dupont@glensgardenmarket.
We Launch & Support Small, Sustainable Food Businesses
We grow small businesses along with our own. To date, we’ve given 89 food entrepreneurs their very first chance to sell their products on our shelves. Of those, 53 are owned by women and 22 are owned by people of color.
We Always Prioritize the Environment
Our Founder, Danielle Vogel, makes every business decision with the environment in mind. That includes everything from sourcing our products almost entirely from the states of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to our no-waste mandate, our composting and recycling programs, and the fact that we actively encourage environmentally responsible eating and transportation.
We Serve Good Food from Close By
Glen’s Garden Market exists to make climate change progress – one bite at a time – by serving Good Food from Close By, and growing relationships with partners, who treat their land, their animals and their ingredients with respect.