Our climate change motivated, local grocery store is looking for a Specialty Team Member to join us!
Specialty Team Member Job Description:
Our Specialty Foods Department is searching for a new colleague! At Glen’s, our Specialty Department includes beer, wine, cider, mead, cheese and coffee. We are looking for someone who possesses a self-starting, positive attitude and displays exemplary attention to detail all while being passionate about the products on our shelves. The successful applicant will be a person who takes pride in their work, is patient, accurate and respectful, and who has excellent service instincts. Prior experience and knowledge about specialty items is strongly preferred, and most importantly, a mission-driven attitude to advance the business’s culture is a must. We require full scheduling flexibility and weekend availability.
Specialty Team Member Responsibilities:
- Effectively managing specialty products including properly stocking, merchandising, and demoing.
- Constantly learning about the products in this category, so that they can be recommended with pride and confidence. This includes educating our staff and customers about the specialty items we have to offer.
- Setting up and maintaining attractive demos and displays.
- Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs., comfortably without need of assistance.
- Standing for long periods of time is required.
We offer a robust set of benefits including subsidized health care for all employees, free daily meals, a significant in-store discount, abundant professional development opportunities, including specialized training on and off-site, and an authentically empowering workplace. We offer a profit sharing program and a peer-to-peer bonus structure. Growth potential is abundant.
Specialty Team Member Application
To apply for the Specialty Team Member position, please complete the form below!